Cleansing, scrubbing, and moisturizing is an important part of the skincare routine. DIY face scrubs are suddenly getting a lot of attention nowadays.
This is because people have become more conscious about their skin and the side effects of using harsh chemicals. More and more people are looking for natural alternatives for beauty products and that is why home-made DIY scrubs have come into the picture.
With these DIY scrubs, you are not only saving money but also giving your skin the best natural treatment that your skin will love. These homemade scrubs are just as effective as chemical scrubs if not more. These homemade DIY scrubs not only exfoliate your skin but also clear your pores and provide essential nutrients.
Those tiny beads you find in chemical scrubs are not good for your health. In fact, looking at the recent bans of some cosmetic products using microbeads by the United States making customers look for natural skincare products.
I started using homemade scrubs a few months back and now I am loving my skin even more. Trust me they work really really well. DIY scrubs are inexpensive and since we add fruits or honey or lemon these things to the scrub we get the benefit of these ingredients too.
#9. DIY Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are my favorite. I use homemade DIY sugar scrub almost all the time. Sugar scrubs are best for all skin types even for sensitive skin beauties too. Sugar scrub does not make our skin too dry so ideal for people with dry skin. Sugar scrub has so many benefits that I have dedicated a whole article about the beauty benefits of sugar scrub.
How to make a homemade DIY sugar scrub
- Take 3 tbsp of brown sugar in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of olive oil
- Mix well and apply this sugar scrub gently in a circular motion
- Massage for about 3-5 minutes, wash away with lukewarm water.
This is my favorite recipe for a sugar scrub. If you have oily skin then skip the olive oil. Use this DIY sugar scrub twice a week. There are other ways of making sugar scrub too. Click the link below to find out more sugar scrub recipes based on your requirements.
#8. Baking soda – DIY Face Scrub for Acne
Another powerful DIY face scrub. Everyone can use this homemade scrub but if you have acne then it might be just the best for you. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and has antiseptic properties. It kills the germs and acne-causing bacteria. It also soothes the inflammation and redness caused by acne.
How to use baking soda scrub for acne
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda
- Add little water, enough to make a paste
- Rub it on your face for about 3 minutes in a circular motion, be gentle
- Wash away.
It is the simplest DIY face scrub made at home. You just need baking soda which you can find in the kitchen and some water.
#7. Oatmeal DIY Face Scrub
Oatmeal homemade scrub is best for people with sensitive skin. It is gentle and reduces inflammation besides exfoliating the skin.
How to make oatmeal DIY face scrub at home
- Take 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal
- Add 2-3 tbsp of unflavored yogurt or honey to it and mix well
- Now apply this oatmeal scrub on your face
- Massage in circular motion gently
- Wash away after 5-7 minutes with lukewarm water.
#6. Chocolate DIY Face Scrub for Acne
You must have heard of chocolate body massage and other treatments. Well, chocolates have many benefits for our body and skin. That is why we have listed chocolate scrub for anti-aging. Chocolate keeps us young by removing wrinkles and fine lines. It also makes our muscles tight and more flexible.
How to make Chocolate DIY face scrub
- Take 1 tbsp cocoa powder in a bowl
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Also, add 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract to it and mix well
- Massage gently with this homemade chocolate scrub for about a minute
- Now leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water
After washing your face, you will find soft and moisturized skin. Use this DIY face scrub twice a week.
#5. Papaya homemade natural scrub
Papaya is the greatest fruit for our skin. The benefits it offers to our skin is unmatched. A lot of home remedies are based on papaya so why not a scrub. Here is how to make a papaya scrub exfoliating your face.
How to make Papaya DIY face scrub
- Take 1/2 cup of mashed ripened papaya
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of honey to it and mix well
- Now exfoliate your skin with papaya DIY face scrub
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water
The papaya face scrub is an amazing fruit scrub that removes dead skin cells and impurities from our face along with providing essential Vitamins that our skin needs.
#4. Coffee DIY face scrub
Coffee has caffeine which has stimulating effects. Coffee grinds when mixed with olive oil and organic honey. Olive oil has Omega-3 fatty acid which nourishes our face and cleanses it.
How to make a coffee DIY face scrub
- Take 1/2 cup of fine coffee grinds
- Add 2 tbsp of honey and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix well and scrub your face with it
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash away.
#3. Green tea DIY face scrub
We all know green tea has antioxidants that reverse the signs of aging. Green tea when applied to face improves the flexibility of skin and repairs it. Let’s make a scrub with green tea and get its benefits
How to make green tea DIY face scrub at home
- Brew a cup of green tea
- Add some brown sugar and honey to make a thick paste
- Now massage your face with green tea scrub in a circular motion
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse away.
#2. DIY lemon scrub for face
Lemon is a natural bleach and antiseptic ingredient. It fights microbes and reduces the appearance of scars. This scrub is best for people with oily skin or acne-prone skin or has scars. If you have sensitive skin then you should use not use this.
How to make DIY lemon scrub for face
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and a few drops of olive oil to it
- your DIY face scrub is ready, rub it on your face in a circular motion
- Wash away after 5 minutes
#1. Blueberry DIY face scrub
Blueberries have many nutritional benefits for face. If you want to use a fruit-based face scrub then you can make the blueberry facial scrub at home.
How to make blueberry face scrub at home
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- Put them in a food processor and grind well
- Now add some brown sugar to it and make a scrub
- Spread this mixture on your face and neck and massage for 3 minutes
- Wash away after 15 minutes
I hope you liked my article on Top best homemade DIY scrubs. These are all-natural and haven’t any side effects. Replace your cosmetic scrub with any of those DIY face scrubs and you’ll start noticing the difference in your skin texture after a couple of weeks. Using natural skin care treatment goes an extended thanks to keeping young and glowing skin.
If you recognize the other homemade facial scrub then allow us to know through comments.